Scotch Cadbury Creme EggsMarch 31, 2018
Scotch Cadbury Creme Eggs
6 Cadbury crème eggs
8 (500g) Chocolate muffins
3tbsp Cocoa Powder
120g Icing Sugar
400g Chocolate bars (use one to grate chocolate)
1) grab some chocolate muffins and either whizz them through a food processor or rub them together with your fingers and thumbs to get into crumbs.
2) Meanwhile in a large bowl beat together the icing sugar with the cocoa powder and the icing sugar until you form a buttercream. Slowly add the crumbs into the buttercream until it thickens and becomes mouldable.
3) Take a cadbury creme egg and scoop up some of the cake mixture and wrap around the egg, rolling it into a ball. Repeat with all the eggs and stick in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. To get a better shape take them out the fridge and roll again once or twice.
4) Meanwhile melt the chocolate and grate a separate bar of chocolate. Get the chocolate so it is melted but a little cool but still manouverable.
5) Paint the chocolate onto the cake balls all over rolling around then sprinkle on the grated chocolate bits. Stick in the fridge to firm up after repeating with all the eggs.
6) Slice into them for that real scotch egg effect! Mmmmmm naughty at it’s best